Notice to Employees of responsibilities in relation to the control of infectious diseases – Coronavirus
Dear NuAngle A Team
The Company takes all reasonable precaution to ensure that illness and infection do not spread in the workplace between employees or from employees to customers/clients/the public. Employees are also responsible for taking measures to assist the Company to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
To ensure that Communication is credible and reliable and to prevent uncontrolled information, we require that the “NuAngle Group” WhatsApp be used ONLY by the Management Team for sharing of specific information. Divisional and Office groups are business as normal.
Considering the recent Coronavirus outbreak, our aim is to ensure that all employees maintain high levels of hygiene to keep the chance of contamination to an absolute minimum. The risk of contamination in SA is high, and thus as part of precautionary measures, please ensure that:
- Take steps to ensure that your immune system remains strong and healthy. If you are in any way compromised – take extra care.
- Ensure that you wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Washing hands on arriving at work, before meals and at regular intervals.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissue away immediately
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact with surface areas, door handles etc. Disinfect workstations, steering wheel, cell phones etc
- Social distancing is advised eg: no contact rule includes no handshaking, hugs etc
- Keep at least 1- 1.5 meters away from anyone especially those showing symptoms
- Bathroom protocol advise – wash your hands before and after ablutions and disinfect the toilet seat before and after.
- Avoid public places and public transport
- The average incubation period is 5-12 days so 14 days is recommended for self-isolation. If you have any symptoms, please self-isolate and ensure that you contact the Covid-19 Hotline on the following number 080 002 9999.
- Website: www.sacoronavirus.co.za
Certain areas across the world have been identified as having been more severely affected than others and require a period of self-isolation upon return from travel. If you are travelling to these counties, please keep yourself aware of the current status of the country you are visiting and whether self-isolation is needed.
If you need to self-isolate, please let your line manager know as soon as possible, you must not attend work during a period of self-isolation.
If you have not been overseas but think you may have been in contact with someone who has Coronavirus, please do not attend work but contact your line manager. If you are at work and develop a cough, fever or breathing problems, please let your line manager know.
All absence should be reported in line with the Company’s absence notification procedures.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries about the contents of this letter.
16 March 2020