Prescription pills are often the first course of action for treating erectile dysfunction, but often they aren’t an instant fix. When pills aren’t a reliable option, a penile implant can offer real hope. A penile implant (or penile prosthesis) is a medical device that is custom-fit and surgically placed into a penis to produce a natural-looking and natural-feeling erection.
Reasons to Consider a Penile Implant
- Patient Satisfaction Rates: Patients report a 98% satisfaction rate for inflatable penile implants.
- Additional Patient Satisfaction Rates: Patients treated with a penile implant appear to be significantly more satisfied with their treatment option than those treated with ED medication or other treatment options.
- A Discrete Treatment for ED: A penile prosthesis is not noticeable when your penis is flaccid. Your partner won’t be able to tell you’ve had an implant to treat your ED unless you tell them.
- Minimal Recovery Time: Every man is different, but a typical recovery time after a prosthesis implant procedure is four to six weeks. After you’ve fully recovered, you can begin enjoying sex once more.
- Cost-effective: Penile implants have been shown to be the most cost-effective ED treatment over a 10-year period.
Many men suffer from ED – as many as 150 million men worldwide – but not everyone is a candidate for a penile implant. Potential candidates are:
- Men who want to return to a spontaneous and satisfying sex life
- Men who have permanent erectile dysfunction
- Men who experience side effects from medical treatments for ED
- Men whose medication or other treatments no longer work
- Men who have suffered from prostate, bladder or colon cancer
- Men who have vascular disease due to diabetes, hypertension or other causes
Sound like you? You may be a good candidate for a successful penile implant procedure. However, the only way you can be sure is by visiting a urologist who specialized in ED and discussing your health history and expectations.
Contact us for a Urologist specializing in ED in your area.